ONCE UPON A PRINCE IS BECOMING A MOVIE! I am so excited about this. Hallmark is premiering the movie today, April 7th.
In honor of the movie premiere, I re-read the book. When I first read this book back in 2013, I remember relating so strongly to Susanna and her struggles. How she loses so much and is ready for God to use her. So, of course I was thrilled when I found out about the movie.
But I have to admit, I’m really nervous about the movie and if it will live up to the book. Isn’t that the fear of all book-lovers? I thought I would share all the moments I really hope make it into the movie.
Warning: SPOILERS AHEAD
Here are my must-haves for this movie:
- Susanna’s breakup with her long-time boyfriend, including the line “I found the right ring but not the right girl”
- Susanna and Nate’s first meeting in front of Lover’s Oak. And her telling him about her dream of getting engaged under that very tree
- When Nate drives Susanna to the hospital when she gets a call, and then he waits for her in the waiting room for hours- so long that she thought he’d left
- Nate helping out at Susanna’s family’s restaurant, the Rib Shack
- Nate telling Susanna he can’t marry her even though THEY AREN’T EVEN DATING
- The Colors Coronation Ball (my favorite scene)- Nate giving Susanna the first dance, and her wearing the only white gown in a sea of colorful dresses
- Nate’s coronation and the moment when Nate and Susanna’s eyes meet
- Susanna’s conversation with Nate’s mom
- The confrontation between Susanna and Ginny
- The ending, in all its perfect detail
Those are the moments I’m hoping to see! What are you hoping for?
Don’t forget! Hallmark is premiering the movie tonight. Check your local listings for the time in your area.